The home of RMIT Europe and a key part of our international network.
RMIT Europe, RMIT’s hub in Barcelona, Spain, established in 2013, is the gateway which links European research, industry, government and enterprise to innovation and talent in Australia and Asia. The site helps strengthen RMIT’s global reputation and grow our global network of industry and alumni.
- From 2017 RMIT Europe has leveraged its location in the heart of Barcelona’s innovation district 22@ for opportunities connecting with the Melbourne Innovation Districts.
- Partnership with Eurecat – leading technology centres in Southern Europe for research, and industry engagement. The partnership also includes a Joint Research Unit in Digital Manufacturing for metals and alloys.
- Strategic partnerships with City and Regional governments.
- Facilitation of research partnerships (R&D funding) across disciplines such as: – Smart cities – Sustainability – Urban design – Entrepreneurship – Digital industries.
- RMIT Europe also connects RMIT students to experiences in Europe such as study tours, study abroad and exchange, internships, online business challenges, mentoring, and dual masters study.
- RMIT Europe delivers local impact by establishing our presence as a connected ecosystem for research, education and engagement and driving an agenda around sustainable development and digital transformation.
- Explore ways to capitalise on RMIT Europe’s Barcelona location to amplify impact across applied research and deliver impact elsewhere in Europe.
- Leverage RMIT’s location network for greater impact by connecting European expertise in sustainable development and digital transformation to meet Vietnam’s growing demand for support in those areas.